Friday, April 20, 2012

DIY - Easy black fabric background

 This is my tank before. I like it, but I've been really liking the black background I've been seeing in photos. 
 I happened to have a package of felt because I am often crafting and sew with felt fairly often. I cut the fabric to size for the tank. 
 Here you can see that it is just held up by regular tape for now. There are some gaps where you can see the light from above, but you do not see these gaps from the front. As long as no one goes staring at the back edges of my tank, I am ok. 
 And here is the tank with the black background! That was quick and easy!

 All of the fuss made the little shellies hide out for a while. 
 They came back out, though!
 Here they are against the black background!
Before and after comparison. Much nicer, I think!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, adding a background makes all the difference, Here is a 3d diy aquarium background that I have made that goes inside the tank, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful aquarium backgrounds! I hope you can teach me on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete